|This course is designed for Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) interested in becoming EMT instructor/coordinators, or for current instructors interested in upgrading their teaching skills and obtaining continuing education credits. Instructor/coordinator training adheres to the national curriculum requiring 140 classroom hours.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify patterns of behavior that influence the adult learner
- Recognize problem students and formulate a plan to help that student master the material
- Utilize a variety of instructional methods that keep the student actively involved in the learning process.
- Accurately complete a sample MDCIS Program Approval application for both internal and continuing education
- Recognize their own strengths and deficiencies as an instructor and show improvement in areas that are deficient
- Create a valid and reliable test
Prerequisites for this course include:
- Three (3) years experience as an EMT, EMT-S or EMT-P
- Current CPR instructor
- Endorsement of 2 active Michigan I/Cs
- Letter of application to include 3-years experience and intended use for I/C certification
Review the complete program flyer
|Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM